Qube and QPatch can run succesfull experiments on stem cells, however be aware that the ion channel expression changes with the maturity of the iPSC cells and iPSC cells often contains a mix of cells. We expect that to be improved going forward.
We recommend using QPatch for stem cell work since you can obtain good gigaseals and high success rates in physiological solutions, wherease you need flouride on Qube. Alternative platform on the market use seal enhancing agents to obtain decent seals. QPatch can run experiments on iPSC stem cells and primary cells with a gigaseal rate above 95% and a success rate up to 70% (Franz et al. 2017).
Optimal cell culture procedures are key to obtain high quality experiments and the success rate is dependent of the cell density. The lower limit for the cell density varies between cells provided from different vendors and even from batch to batch.
Below is liste some of the publications for iPSC Cardiomyocytes and Neurons
- View Characterization of hiPSC-derived neurological disease models using automated patch clamp (Qube and QPatch) Year: 2019
- View Characterization of human iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes (Cor.4U) on an automated planar patch clamp set-up (QPatch) Year: 2017
- View Voltage- and current clamp on induced pluripotent cardiomyocytes with automated patch clamp Year: 2017
- View Are stem-cell cardiomyocytes a viable cellular reagent for automated patch-clamp? Year: 2017
- View Electrophysiological properties of iCell cardiomyocytes obtained by automated patch clamp Year: 2011
- View Exploring stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes with automated patch clamp techniques Year: 2012
- View Characterization of Human iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes (Cor.4U®) on an automated planar patch clamp set up (Qube) Year: 2018
- View Voltage and current clamp recordings of Cor.4U® human iPS cell-derived cardiomyocytes using Sophion’s QPatch Year: 2018
- View Human iPS cell-derived cardiomyocytes (Cor.4U®) on Sophion’s Qube 384: Voltage and current clamp recordings Year: 2018
- View Cor.At cells embryonic stem cell derived cardiomyocytes on QPatch Year: 2009
- View Automated and manual patch clamp data of human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons Year: 2017