Travel & research grants
We are awarding travel grants to MSc and PhD students and early career researchers (within five years of BSc/MSc/PhD award) in ion channel related research. There are two application windows per year starting February & September 1st each lasting four weeks. Successful applicants will be notified at the start of the following month. The grant can be applied for by anyone who:
- Has performed research in the field of ion channel modulation and characterization and would like to present at Sophion’s Ion Channel Modulation Symposium (Poster/Oral)
- Has performed research on QPatch or Qube 384 and wish to present data through active participation in any symposia, congress or Sophion User Meeting
The following requirements must be met for your application to be considered for the Sophion Bioscience travel grant:
- The grant must cover expenses related to your stay abroad (travel cost, hotel)
- The applicant must be enrolled or employed at a higher education institution.
- The applicant must be endorsed by their advisor or a senior researcher at their institution.
Click here for the Sophion Travel Grant application form.
Sophion Research Grants for post-graduate students and early career researchers (within five years of BSc/MSc/PhD award) in electrophysiology, drug discovery and related science.
The grant is open throughout the year and can be used in connection with a post-graduate degree or early career research or as part of an existing research project in a Technology Access Program that your institution or company has in place with Sophion. Routinely it includes between 1-10 weeks stay at our R&D laboratories, covering accommodation and lab expenses in either Tokyo, Shanghai, Boston or Copenhagen.
The grant can be applied by anyone performing research in the field of ion channel modulation and characterization that would benefit from access to high performance, high throughput automated patch-clamp instrumentation.
Click here for the Sophion Research Grant application form