Temperature control for QPatch II
Laboratory temperatures can change from winter to summer or during the day. With the QPatch II temperature control module you can ensure that assays are always performed at a constant and controlled temperature (10-42°C) irrespective of temperature fluctuations in the laboratory, over the year or the day.
Keeping a constant controlled temperature helps to achieve consistent data day after day and assay after assay, increasing assay reproducibility and repeatability.
- Ensure a constant defined temperature for during the day, year or between sites.
- Increase temperature to physiological conditions (35-37°C)
- Decrease temperature to slow down kinetics, study temperature dependence, testing on insect cells etc.
Read more about design, accuracy, reproducibility and software functionality here
For examples of biological data, scroll down to “read more” section
- Temperature range: 10-42°C
- Accuracy: ±0.5°C
- Temperature variation across plate: ±0.2°C (10-30°C) and ±0.4°C (42°C)
- Temperature variation over time: ±0.1°C
- Instrument-to-instrument variation: ±0.25°C
- Water-based. No risk of contamination
- Start assay automatically when the set temperature is reached
The QPatch ll temperature control device is software operated and fully integrated with the QPatch ll software creating maximum usability.
The temperature sensor is placed at the “bed-of-nails” (BON) close to the recording sites and the feedback loop ensures constant monitoring, adjustment and logging of temperature data during experiments.
The readout is automatically logged in the Oracle database together with the patch clamp data and is available for analysis.