QPlate, the biochip for QPatch, provides a non-compromised test environment that ensures consistent quality time after time.
Integrated dual electrodes per measurement site eliminate the need for electrode maintenance and the risk of electrode drift, thus ensuring consistent high-quality data. The silicon chip substrate for patch clamping enables true-gigaseal recordings in physiological ringers, without the need for seal enhancers.
- Genuine gigaohm seal formation in physiological solutions
- Glass flow channels minimize adsorption of compounds and ensure complete exchange of compounds
- Dual electrode per well eliminates maintenance and electrode drift
- Single- and multi-hole QPlates are available
QPlates are available in four different configurations:
- QPlate 16 (one patch hole)
- QPlate 16X (ten patch holes per well)
- QPlate 48 (one patch hole)
- QPlate 48X (ten patch holes per well)
The unique design of the QPlate makes it perfect for high-quality data recordings and advanced measurement needs. The QPlate design enables gigaseal formation in physiological saline, without the need for enhancing the seal with additives, making the QPatch ideal for, among others, cardiac safety studies and stem cells.
- Giga-seal technology
- No seal enhancers needed
- No electrode maintenance
- Glass based for low adsorption
- Series resistance compensation up to 100% is possible
- Current clamp recordings as well as voltage- and ligand-gated
The QPlate provides 16 or 48 silicon-based patch-clamp wells, which replaces the use of conventional glass pipettes.
The technology enables the standardised formation of true classical gigaseals, ensuring uncompromised data quality.
Each measurement site has a sophisticated glass microfluidic flow channel that enables precise solution exchange and avoids problems with ‘sticky’ compounds.
It is ideal for both ligand-gated and voltage-gated ion channel patch clamping.
Compound application utilises a microfluidic flow channel that delivers compounds and buffers to the cell. This enables a series of compounds or concentrations to be applied sequentially to the same cell, thus increasing throughput and reducing cost per data point.
The QPlates are available in both single- and multi-hole versions. Different sizes and numbers of holes (for multi-hole QPlate) are also available on request.
Download product specifications here.