QPatch II is automated patch clamp made easy.
We have designed QPatch II to overcome the constant pressure to increase lab efficiency while maintaining medium and high throughput and high data quality. QPatch II truly is automated patch clamp made easy.
The new intuitive software interface ensures fast training and onboarding, which helps reduce human errors and enables staff rotation in the laboratory.
The faster control software and new hardware design deliver robust unattended operation so that you can meet the demands of a modern and up-to-date ion channel laboratory.
Meet tomorrows demands today
- The new user interface enables untrained personnel to learn how to operate QPatch II in less than 10 minutes.
- New and better control software gives a faster and more precise unattended operation, meeting demanding timelines.
- The new instrument design provides a reduced cell consumption, smaller footprint, a simplified work plane and improved modules for cell handling and QPlate positioning, all to further improve assay quality and instrument robustness.
- New software features such as online adaptive V½ estimation, predefined standard protocols (e.g. CIPA) and the possibility to run or re-run directly from the system without any setup steps.
- The temperature control regulates the measurement site temperature during your assay, which means standardized temperature settings for every assay performed.
Built on a solid foundation
Sophion QPatch has been the benchmark automated patch clamp solution for cardiac safety since 2005. We thought it was time to raise the bar. However, to ensure concordance to historical data, we have provided:
- Full correlation between QPatch II and QPatch
- 1:1 protocol transfer from QPatch to QPatch II
While the old virtues of QPatch persist
- True gigaseals without additives, no seal enhancer needed here
- High reproducibility – full automation from cell handling to analysis
- Glass flow channels minimize adsorption of compounds and ensure a complete exchange of compounds
- Intelligent whole-cell formation. All the wells are handled individually
- Dual electrode per well eliminates maintenance and electrode drift
- Current clamp and voltage clamp
- Single- and multi-hole measurements
- Applicable for cell lines, primary cells and stem cells
- Single- and multi-hole QPlates available
- 16 or 48 channels
QPatch II – designed to handle the needs of the modern ion channel lab
Consistent, high-quality ion channel research has never been easier.
Intuitive user interface – Easy training
- Learn how to operate QPatch II in less than 10 minutes
- Reduce human errors
- Enable staff rotation
Efficient – Meet demanding timelines
- Pre-defined assays and re-run jobs directly from the touch screen
- Overnight unattended operation
- Automated data analysis and reporting
Versatile – Meet tomorrows demands today
- Proven on all commonly used ion channels
- Use for cardiac safety to small/medium library screens
- Giga-seal quality without seal enhancer
Standardized – Controlled testing environment
- High reproducibility and repeatability
- No electrode maintenance and no risk of electrode drift
- Based on the benchmark APC solution for cardiac safety
Compliant – unbiased electronic records
- Designed for implementation in GLP environments
- Audit trails for creation/deletion/modification of electronic records
See the QPatch II brochure.